Sunday, September 21, 2008

Morgan sleeps!


Ok perhaps not as impressive as Addy's painting but it sure surprises the heck out of me!
A little background: Morgan has slept with us every night since she was born. Heck, she even naps in our bed (without me, though). I've tried to put her in her crib on and off and every time she screams her little head off and never sleeps. I let her go for an hour like that, it's about as long as I can take it. I was figuring we just needed to skip the crib altogether and move her to a big girl bed.
Fast forward to a week and a half ago. Morgan's sleeping is SO TERRIBLE I have to get her out of my bed just so I can have even the tiniest bit of sleep. So I decide to start laying her in her crib for naps and the first time she cried for maybe 20 minutes and then SHOCK! She fell asleep! The first couple of times she didn't get much of a nap but hey it was something and it was IN HER CRIB!
Friday the 12th (my birthday) Mitch and I go see a 10:00pm movie (Burn After Reading - very funny!) and my mom puts Morgan in her crib to sleep. I left her there and she ended up sleeping until 2:15am. Four hours, not bad for her! So I decide to keep starting her out in the crib, even if I could just get 4 hours of unbroken sleep that would be HUGE after what I was used to.
Night 2 she sleeps from 9:00 until, get this, 6:15! I couldn't believe it and figured it had to be a fluke but nope! Every night since then she has slept for about 11 hours straight in her crib. I am so amazed! And so rested, ahhhh... I thought it would take nights and nights of lots of crying to get to this but she hardly cries at all now, maybe just for a minute. She has the saddest look on her face when I lay her down for the night and it breaks my heart but she wakes up with a smile on her face every morning so I know she gets over it and forgives me. :) It's about time though!

3 comments:

designwaitress said...

Hallelujah!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! We're now bribing Svea to stay in her bed all night. She starts out in her own bed, but somehow creeps into ours at about 3 a.m. I'm so out of it, I don't even realize she's there until it's too late!

Good for you guys - here's to more restful nights!

Brooklyn said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!